HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR JUNE 2022

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR JUNE 2022

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:29 am

My apologies to all for my lack of prompts set for May and a huge apology to Shelley and Terry for not responding to your kind thoughts - truth to tell I completely dropped my bundle when my little furby Khamah - D Blue passed away unexpectedly under horrendous circumstances, and I allowed that other black dog entry and he kind of took over for a bit and got the upper hand. But I am nearly back on track now although life is very lonely without my little mate. :cry:

Anyway, moving on - a big thank you to all who participated in the May exercise - as always some good poems came from that so well done all of you.

With June being the official start of Winter here In Oz and bloody cold in my neck of the woods - being a Queensland anything below 24 degrees is cold - how about we have a go at some Winter poems. Write from personal experience or use these prompts if they help ....

When winter winds come blustering

There's snow predicted for the tops

The camp fires merry crackling

The Northern lights shine eerily

Doonas and Ugg boot reappear

Wild brumbies hides coated with frost

Go to it my lovelies. :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Ron

Re: HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR JUNE 2022

Post by Ron » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:31 pm

Hi Maureen, so sorry to hear of you losing your 'little mate', it is certainly a gut wrenching time isn't it. Have been down that track many times and it never gets any easier. Time is the only thing that seems to ease the pain a bit. :(
Cheers
Ron

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:38 pm

Thank you Ron for your kind comment - it doesn't get any easier that's for sure - I've loved and lost 12 over my lifetime, hoping to have the time for one more before I shuffle off myself - if it's meant to be it will happen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:16 pm

Hi Maureen and All

My apologies - I've been very lax on the Forum over the last couple of weeks - just up to the ears in maintenance work around the house, and too tired at night to focus!! Some people would say it's a sign of old age - but I'm sure that can't be true! ;)

Anyway, thank you so much Maureen for the prompts for this month and it's so good to have you back. I see you've already had some responses, but I'm deliberately commenting on this post before locking it so it will rise to the top of the "Active Topics" - as it seems to have got buried for the best of reasons - lots of posts.

Hopefully I will get to stir the grey cells before June runs out!!

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")