HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 23.01.12

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 23.01.12

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks to all of those who participated in the last lot of prompts there were IMO some good poems sparked by them.

On the subject of sparking seems that we are heading for another horrendous bush fire season – so do hope that local authorities have learnt from the last lot and have been judiciously burning off the fire load. Probably a good time for all of our members to do a hazard check around their properties and make sure they have gutters cleared and everything ship shape and Bristol fashion.

I went and bought a new hose that is guaranteed not to kink – so now have 60 metres of hose permanently connected one to the water tank and one to the mains pressure tap. Not worried about a bush fire here but always worried about a fire, and the last thing you need is the water cut off because the bloody hose has kinked on you. Possible a good thing to think about if you live in bush fire prone areas as well as sprinkler systems right around the house if you can manage to do it.

So prompts for the next fortnight in the year of the Dragon – use one or use all

hot stuff
stop cocks and safety valves
dragons blood
safety first
keep your tinder dry
big red trucks

Reckon you can come up with something from them? Let’s see who's on fire this fortnight

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.