HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 3RD AUGUST 2020

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 3RD AUGUST 2020

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:51 am

What a diverse group of poems came from the last set of prompts - well done everyone, and all made for interesting reading.

Thank you Neville for again helping out with this suggestion - my brain seems to have gone into a decline at the moment :roll:

Neville has suggested that we write a poem about something that we have always wanted but could never get, along with a precise account of why we wanted it.... ( that is...something that is a material object, not something abstract like happiness, wealth or fame etc ).

Now I always wanted a bike as a kid and Dad said he would buy me one if I learnt to ride on a borrowed bike from a friend. Well I never got a bike, and here I am at 70+ and still no bike - because I have no sense of balance and kept falling off. I never had that problem with horses, but I never got one of them either ... life is so unfair :lol: My main health issue in my old age is a foot that lets me down all the time and now makes even walking short distances difficult and the annoying thing is that I broke it when 8 years old falling off that bloody bike I was trying to ride and then broke it again in my 50's when it gave out on me ... it has never been any good since. So perhaps that will be my back story. What will yours be?

Go to it my lovelies

Cheers,

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.