HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR MARCH 2022

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR MARCH 2022

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:21 pm

G'day everyone - that was a fabulous response to last months prompts - thank you all for sharing what may have been some deep dark secrets with us all. I am pretty sure that many of us find writing to be quite cathartic in many situations and it says a lot for the poets who frequent this site that we consider each other to be friends and also trustworthy and non judgemental as well - can't put a price on that.

I hope that each and every one of you has managed to stay safe over the past week and I do sincerely hope that none have been impacted too terribly by the floods in Qld and NSW.....terrible times and I wonder where this is all going to end.

Here's the challenge for this month - write one or two poems ---- one pertaining to the floods/floods in general, and the second words of encouragement and support to the Ukrainian people ... both of which, with your permission, I would like to be able to share with our Australian rhyming poets.

Here are some prompts, should you need them that could be applied to either/or situation.

Falling tears and unknown fears.

A rush of sound

a minute of madness, a lifetime of grief

who can I turn to, who will hear my plea?

homeless, helpless and humbled

where are the rainbows?

Go to it my lovelies
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.