As promised - Support Ukraine - March 2022

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

As promised - Support Ukraine - March 2022

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm

I have taken the liberty as advised when posting up the prompts for March, of setting up a section on the Australian Rhyming Poets page, for our poems written for the people of Ukraine. https://www.facebook.com/AustralianRhymingPoets

If any of you DON"T wish to have them shared there please let me know and I will remove them.

Hoping though for everyone's support.

Cheers,

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Ron

Re: As promised - Support Ukraine - March 2022

Post by Ron » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:06 pm

Good on you Maureen, well done!
You certainly have my support!
Ron

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:35 am

Hi Maureen

You can use mine if suitable.

Terry

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:56 am

Thank you Terry and Ron - I appreciate that.

I have to say though I am more than disappointed with the lack of response to the poems I put up on that post. Not sure why. Is it because people really are not interested in what is happening in the Ukraine - the 'not my circus not my clowns' attitude ???? Surely not :(

The poems themselves are excellent IMO but the response is poor. I confess I get a tad antsy at the HUGE response to so many of the trite posts that I share, as opposed to the lesser response to some of the excellent writes that go up. It has been said on many occasions by many people that today's online audiences want the quick fix....they are not prepared to sit and actually read , but prefer the graphic with all the words right in front of them. That I can see is often the case, and YOUTUBE posts attract very little attention at all.

Anyway - I tried - at the moment I have it pinned to the top of the page and will leave it there for a few days to get a bit more attention to it. You all did great work, just sorry I haven't been able to get a bit better response to it.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Ron

Post by Ron » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:41 pm

Thanks Maureen, yeah sadly you could be right about the 'quick fix' bit! Everybody these days seem to want things instantly! All part of modern era social media I guess.
However I must add that your efforts on the workshop themes and prompts are greatly appreciated.
Ron.