HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR AUGUST 2023

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR AUGUST 2023

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:52 pm

Hi everyone - well what a month it has been here - great to see us all on the same page over the last set of prompts and some terrific poems and memories came out of those prompts as well......so take a pat on the back everyone - you all did very well.

For this month's ideas lets go in the opposite direction and verbalize the new issues that modern technology can cause in our everyday lives - and let me tell you I've been through the mill this month with my 'puta' and still having issues. If any of you get a new 'friend' request from me on your FB page it will be legitimate ... my FB page won't admit me, my new page won't let me sign in either and I have lost every link I had including the one to the ARP page which also doesn't recognize me. Hopefully over the next 48 hours it will be sorted but if not - I don't know what I will have to do.

So moving on here are some prompts that might be relatable to you all.....

increased screen time causing sleep disorders

self checkouts creating job losses

when not having a mobile phone or a computer means you fall through the cracks of everyday life

How do you get phone numbers without an internet connection.

back pain, eye strain, neck pain, poor posture, reduced activity, decreasing social skills, low creativity, lack of attention - all negative aspects of computer technology

social media use can lead to less quality in-person time spent with loved ones and relationship dissatisfaction.

WOW! That's a pretty horrible list when you see it all written in one place like that - but like it or lump it it is life as we live it today - no wonder people are opting out for a sea/tree change. But then of course it is the good things that modern technology offers that allows us to do that. It really is a double edged sword don't you think?

Anyway I know you are all up for the challenge and it will be interesting to see your takes on it as well - I think we will get a big degree of variety with these.

Go to it my lovelies - set your muse free and try and keep up :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.