I'M BACK .. with homework prompts for March 2024

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

I'M BACK .. with homework prompts for March 2024

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:45 am

I'M BACK

So sorry for my unexplained absence ... I lost my son very unexpectedly in November and I have been struggling a bit.

I have kept the ARP page going but this one fell into the out of sight out of mind category and for that I apologize. I am having good days and bad days so just doing the best I can at the moment.

Moving on - lets swing into March and see what we do to put our best foot forward (that's directed at me not you mob) By the way Wazza I just shared one of your poems up on the ARP Facebook page * you might want to check in there and see the good comments. https://www.facebook.com/AustralianRhymingPoets/

So from Ron's 'muse catalyst' (sounds like a recipe for disaster in the making) :lol: .....lets see what you've got ...here are some prompts that may inspire you all.

No one gets left behind

strong foundations

just add colour

struggle for survival

camping under the stars

an undiscovered sanctuary

As always use just one prompt or use them all - whatever rows your boat.

Cheers,

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Terry

Re: I'M BACK .. with homework prompts for March 2024

Post by Terry » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:29 pm

Hi Maureen

This is a time when the only words I seem to be able to find seem so inadequate.
But I'm sure I speak for most, when I say that our hearts go out to you.

Best Regards

Terry

Ron

Post by Ron » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:43 am

Hi Maureen,
It is great to see you back and we totally understand you needing a bit of space over the last few months.
I certainly echo Terry's words and hope in some way that it gives some comfort and support to you in this time of recent sadness.
Take care
Ron.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:41 pm

Thank you Ron and Terry for your kind words and understanding - much appreciated :)
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.