Expressing the Rural West: Poetry of the Next Generation

Discussion of any bush poetry topic.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
manfredvijars

Re: Expressing the Rural West: Poetry of the Next Generation

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:05 am

I think it's the technology that exacerbates the divide between our membership and the youth. Sadly we fear what we don't understand and have difficulty reaching out.
We don't need to embrace technology fully (learning curves can be agonising) but we do need to facilitate its use.

We've merely scratched the surface.

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:43 pm

G'day Manfred
As we discussed previously, we do think this is a good idea. As far as the 2014 Committee is concerned we have been waiting for your submission/input on what you propose to do. When you put something through it will be looked at very favourably and if you wish to run with it as co-ordinator, the position will be yours.
Best regards
Hal
Sing HU to open your heart.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:28 pm

I think you have discovered the secret Mannie - anything involving technology the kids seem to run with and by gee they are good at it as well - us oldies are left floundering in their wake asking 'how did you do that?'

We have our Facebook page which lends itself to uploading & sharing of video clips, audio clips etc
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:03 pm

G'day Hal, Yes, I recall handing the structure and format of my proposed, "Youth You Tube Comp" over to you back in January of this year.

I proposed a technological structure in a "You Tube" format to the committee and membership (via the magazine) some two years previously. Sadly there was no uptake so I let it roll. Simply, the time wasn't right. And that was OK!.

A friend passed these details of this 2014 comp on to me (in it's second year) as he knows my interest in involving the youth and our culture and in this technology.

I'm not a "one man band" so, I posted this article, to see what residual interest there may be (if any) among our group for such a venture - no more no less!

Cheers,

Manfred.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:19 pm

The proposal was also posted here, back in June 2011 ...

ABPA YOU-TUBE Student's Performance Comp for 2012
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1427