Update to Forum Friends

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Shelley Hansen

Update to Forum Friends

Post by Shelley Hansen » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:36 pm

Greetings All ...

My sincere apologies for my long absence from the Forum, since early October. Some of you already know the reason - but for others, here is an update.

My husband Rod suffered two sudden and unexpected heart attacks during October. The pain was completely atypical - in his back, not chest - and it was only the quick thinking and diagnosis of our GP that led us to a happy ending.

After a roller coaster ride through three hospitals, an angiogram, aborted stent procedure and multiple tests, he eventually received a triple bypass with open heart surgery at Prince Charles Hospital in Brisbane on 5 November.

The care and professionalism of medical staff all along the journey was amazing.

He is home and well and truly in recuperation now, but full recovery is still quite a way off.

Hope all of you have been enjoying your writing - I haven't yet caught up on any posts. Onward and upward for the new year, hopefully!

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Terry

Re: Update to Forum Friends

Post by Terry » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:12 pm

All the best to you and Rod Shelley

And Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year as well.

Regards

Terry

Ron

Post by Ron » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:33 pm

Wow, sorry to hear of your upheaval in the health stakes Shelley, but glad to hear that Rod is on the road to recovery now!
I have a bit of an idea what you went through, though on a smaller scale, back in June I went for a regular pacemaker checkup and Two weeks later was in hospital having Two stents put in, one blockage was 70 per cent and another was 90 percent. No chest pain symptoms at all, just mentioned I had been feeling a bit tired, and I was also lucky to have such a good Doc. on the job.
Your health is your wealth, that's for sure!
All the best to you both for Christmas and the New Year.
Cheers,
Ron.

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:15 pm

Thank you Terry and Ron for your good wishes.

Rod is recuperating steadily - it will be a long road, but we are hopeful of a positive outcome. All the best to both of you too, and Ron, hope all is well with your heart.

Regards
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")