g'day G'day

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Maureen Clifford

g'day G'day

Post by Maureen Clifford » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh goody - big sigh of relief - I have found my mates again.

The recently retired lady of leisure ( if you think maintaining an old Queenslander with huge gardens and looking after two dogs is leisurely) - living at Ipswich just down the road from Leonie - a city that suits me to a T, as it is refined, elegant, has character, is a beautiful place to live with friendly people and a country feel to it. Bit like me really.

Have been writing poetry for years but only really got into it in a serious way about 6 years ago, after returning to the city life after a spell on a sheep station at Stanthorpe - where my heart and soul remain.

Love animals - much prefer them to people most of the time. Can't abide injustice or ill treatment or disrepect to people, animals or the Mother Earth. Treat everyone as a Mate unless they prove to be otherwise.

Have a perverted or some would say weird sense of humour and love to use the great Australian adjective - much to my 86 year old Mums horror - because I was brought up propa - according to her.

Pommie by birth - Australian by choice - and would live on no other place on earth.

Hi everyone -welcome back - thanks Andy (waving,) Seems Andy has jumped ship so - Bye Andy (waving)

Cheers

Maureen
Last edited by Maureen Clifford on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zondrae

Re: g'day G'day

Post by Zondrae » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:17 pm

g'day Maureen,

Andy has jumped ship I believe.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: g'day G'day

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:49 pm

Just thought I should add my new persona is Maureen K Clifford - due to computer and computer user malfunctions.

Now trying to come to grips with a new one and the Windows 7 program - life may never be the same again - I think I can do it

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.