Introducing Worddancer

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Zondrae

Introducing Worddancer

Post by Zondrae » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:26 pm

As I have been rather 'off line' lately I have forgotten how to do this transfer in the correct way.... So rather than deny anyone who would like to know more about worddancer.. I have moved the post as best I can. Readers please ignore the photo.. I'm sure worddancer if far better looking than that.

Ev'nin' All,
Ok, I'll set the record straight, right now for what it's worth
Worddancer was not the name my mother gave me at birth.
My avatar change from Emu to a dinner suited Wagtail
Like the one who tattles to the other birds when Cat is on the trail.
This reincarnated Website shows I'm not the only stranger here,
I don't know some, some don't know me, but we can change that here.

Bob has me bang to rights with a name I sometimes own,
Then there's Myra, Eliza and Threadneedle, they're all part of me alone.
On the Southern Fleurieu Peninsula, on the South Australian coast
Near the town of Yankalilla, is the place that I haunt most,
And if you're ever down our way the door is always ajar
You'll always be welcome whether traveling from near or far.
Oh yes, I love to dance.

I started school in England and left in my fourth year in Secondary School whilst studying Fashion History and Design.
Spent 25years in the rag trade business in the area of Historical fashions, designing, and producing costumes for theatre (including ballet and Pantomimes) and Festivals; mainly in the Copper Triangle. This was complimented with the same tasks in Bridal gowns which paid the rent for Threadneedle. When I my fingers decided not to co-operate with fine needles and tiny beads, I sold the shop and turned back to art, to see where that road leads.

2000-2007, I studied in the open uni at the Spencer Campus and the Adelaide Campus, TAFE SA for a diploma for Professional Writing, Poetry and Non Fiction; Professional Editing and Presentation; Children’s, Fiction and Non-fiction, and Illustrating Children’s Books. In between studies, because I had Cert IV in training and assessment, it qualified me to teach Dressmaking and Design for theatre costuming, fashion History and the art and craft subjects in schools and TAFE. I finished my studies and continued to write. The road I took brought me here to you,...aah

2007, I joined the local Yankalilla Writers; that is where I found a use for my knowledge by assisting the members. The looking for and investigating publishers, like Scholastic and Collins, ended with (our books are full), on rejection letters. Others wanted funds upfront and then there were fees as well. I moved my sights to self-publishing agencies including websites. The latter is where my studies shone because with self-publishing one has to present professionally created manuscripts as PDFs.

2010, My publishing website is Lulu.com which is manned by professions. Most services are free. I and all authors own all copyrights on each of our books. Lulu acts as the link between orders and printer who send directly to me or the person who orders the book online.
Because all the books have ISBNs they are accepted by the Australian State and National Libraries Book Deposits. This is as important to me, and the writers I assist, as having the books in the catalogs of world book traders and retailers. Amazon.com also list and sell the books from their online book store.

When I purchase my own publications I pay wholesale price plus delivery. I choose book sizes that are printed in Melbourne and delivery is quick. At any time I am free to take the printer's file to a local printer of my choice as Lulu does not have rights.
If anyone else purchases my books on line, I receive 60% of the sale, the printer takes 30% and Lulu 10%. Up to now, as their publisher I have ordered books for the local authors so they pay the lower price for their books. They then sell for a profit of their own choosing.

Promotion starts locally at the local library and local schools, with a gift of books. I encourage each author to donate their own book. I also write a press release to the local newspaper of the local writers achievements especially for Thelma Driver. It's been like a race against the clock publishing her hand pencil written manuscripts as her health plunged six times in the last 12 months. She is still around and waiting for her next book which I will publish this month.

My next book is a picture book of the Nativity. The text is a poem I will post soon for your viewing.
I am a member of 'The Writer' website, and the Yankalilla Golf Club.
I think I answered all your questions Zondrae; please feel free to edit any of this, if not relevant.
Thank you for the good luck wishes.

Oh, did I mention I love dancing? I also have a golf handicap of 24. This last is for you , Bob, just so we're introduced properly, like!

Worddancer
Last edited by Zondrae on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: the text belonged in the introduction section not lost in general chat.

worddancer

Re: Introducing Worddancer

Post by worddancer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Thank you Zondrae, for looking after me so well and I hope to meet all one day.

Yankalilla is a far cry from from bush poet country. We have an inaugural poetry afternoon in Normanville on Sunday 31st July, so hopefully I will meet and greet some like-minded scribes.

Worddancer
It's never to late; just do it
I'll set pen to paper
Write now, not later
And post it so others may view it

Word dancer is happy

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm

mm 31st July,

We have Mt Kembla mining disaster festival. I'm there. Where is Normanville? or Yankalilla for that matter. My geography is not all that good and I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

You never know where I get to so some addresses never go astray. pm me if you wish.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Nerelie Teese

Post by Nerelie Teese » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi Worddancer

I wonder if you're familiar with, or part of the wonderful book, 'Verse From The Nullarbor' compiled by Jill Campbell. Possibly it's a bit west or north-west of your abode. I have a very strong sentimental attachment to the book and its verses are enjoyable too.

Your life is interesting and I'm looking forward to reading your poetry on this site. Welcome.

Nerelie

worddancer

Post by worddancer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Thank you Zondrae,
If you find Kangaroo Island on the map, the nearest piece of the mainland, (mind you, KI's inhabitants share the thoughts of NZ and Tassie that they live on the mainland) is Normanville, only a about ten ks up the road.
If your fingers travel a a few paces north from the ferry, stay close to the coast then when they come to a main road intersection, no lights (you're in Normanville).
Veering left, that's East, 2Ks down the road is the township of Yankalilla.
But if you come by road, the winding road through the Gums is a nice drive South of Adelaide about 90ks.

The Ride Down-under comes our way each year.

I though I post it here so others can get lost looking on the map as well. The letters are tiny!
I'll set pen to paper
Write now, not later

Word dancer is happy

worddancer

Post by worddancer » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:27 pm

G'day Nerelie,

Thank you for the welcome.
Of all the books I have, I do not have 'Verse From The Nullarbor' compiled by Jill Campbell. I will seek her out, thank you for the introduction to someone new; to me that is.
I had to get rid wardrobe space to make room for my tomes. if you look at them with 'modern' eyes we are doing our part in carbon storage. We don't need the bedroom so it is a book room as well.

Thank you
Worddancer :D
I'll set pen to paper
Write now, not later

Word dancer is happy