My story by Lorraine McCrimmon

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Lorraine McCrimmon

My story by Lorraine McCrimmon

Post by Lorraine McCrimmon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 pm

My beginning started back in 1995 ,when I met Mark Thompson and the very very well known
Campbell the swaggie, they commenced the first poets breakfast in Bungendore for our annual Bungendore Muster which was hosted by Frank Daniel , it is still a major part of out Muster today and Frank Daniel still remains our host, then I travelled to Winton for 100 yr anniversary
of the penning of Waltzing Matilda , 80 poets performed in a competition ran over 4 days, I metBruce Simpson , Bill Hayes, John Major, Glenny Palmer, Gary Foggarty, just to name a few, I also went to Queanbeyan Bush poets and met Dave Meyers , Laurie Macdonald, my poetry careerstarted quite by accident , learning just 2 poems to perform at our annual muster, I then happened to be at a festival where Frank Daniel spotted me and with great encouragement over 3 days , I performed my 2 poems , reading a 3rd later on, I have met some wonderful friends , over the years of reciting and Dave Meyers was such an intergral part on getting some gigs for me in Canberra, I actually was a part of this years Illawarra Festival as well as the National Folk Festival , also performed with Arch Bishop at this years Blacktown Festival , my dream is to on my retirement to travel extensively throughout Australia performing poetry, especially in those little outback pubs of the beaten track , where you meet the locals and listen to there stories and find so much more about a place than reading it in a brochure cheerio my fellow poets

Zondrae

Re: My story by Lorraine McCrimmon

Post by Zondrae » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Goodonya Lorraine,

It is sad that Major's Creek is not on this year. That is where I first heard and met Lorraine. Don't tell her I said this but she gives the 'boys' a run for their money and there are very few performers who can 'sell' a story like Lorraine.
I have seen her at festivals sprouting poems in the bar, in the food venues, in the camp sites and anywhere else there are a few gathered who encourage her to "give us a poem Lorraine!". She performs several of Glenny's poems (with permission naturally) and other mostly funny stuff. I know when I see Lorraine on the programme I'm in for a good time.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

thestoryteller

Re: My story by Lorraine McCrimmon

Post by thestoryteller » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi Lorraine hope you are keeping well.

The Storyteller.
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.