G'day from West Oz

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Henry Snicklesnorter

Re: G'day from West Oz

Post by Henry Snicklesnorter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:54 pm

It's because of me that the naughty corner came into being :twisted:

What happened was, I changed my email address and when I altered it in my details, the forum bot automatically deactivated my account and sent me an email which said an administrator would have to reactivate it.. I waited a few days and then sent Manfred an email this arvo and he did it straight away.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:49 pm

I hope you have your own Henry ? I have the rights to this one as i spend so much time in there.

Got a beer fridge and all.

Goof stuff.

RAMP
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Henry Snicklesnorter

Post by Henry Snicklesnorter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Terry wrote:G/day Henry,
Sounds like you have knocked around a bit mate, good to have another Sand Groper on board, that makes four who spring readily to mind, Irene, Dave, Yourself and me, I think there maybe a couple of others who pop in occasionally.
Anyway welcome aboard, I'm sure you will enjoy the company.

Terry
Thanks for the welcome Terry. Any Sandgroper is worth a dozen 'tothersiders, - at least thats what I tell my missus, who somehow evaded the border patrols and snuck in from New South Wales. - and its only because I allow her to that she gets to beat me up. :lol:

Henry Snicklesnorter

Post by Henry Snicklesnorter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Rimeriter wrote:"G'day" from me O Henry P.

This is a just welcome -
To celebrate the annual bush poet's competition in Derby, breakfast presenter Alice Plate invited two of the entrants to share a one minute poem about which place was better to live; the town or the bush.
Teacher Peter Crawford from Wangkatjungka School near Fitzroy Crossing represented the bush and renowned poet Ed Mahon from Broome represented the townies.

My somewhat jocular item will appear in our Bush Poets section.

"ooroo"
Jim.
Thanks Jim. I spent some time working up in the Kimberly, on a diamond mine out of Derby. We did a lot of exploring, while we were up there. Magnificent country.

I liked your verse

Henry Snicklesnorter

Post by Henry Snicklesnorter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Bob Pacey wrote:I hope you have your own Henry ? I have the rights to this one as i spend so much time in there.

Got a beer fridge and all.

Goof stuff.

RAMP
Heh. Tell ya what, If you're prepared to share, I'll bring my guitar and a case of overproof rum. :lol:

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Oh Henry, you have no idea what you have just done! :lol:

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:22 pm

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum Henry next time you are in CQ give me a call we can give it a nudge together,

Next season is gonna be a beauty .

Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:29 pm

G/Day Henry P, as you can see I live in the southwest but I have spent a lot of time crunching gears and digging holes in the ground, iron ore, tin, gold and a fair bit of cutting lines for oil surveys all over our great north. We should get on the Email and swap a few names we may have mates in common. Have you ever thought of coming to some of our bush poet’s muster in Perth? You can get the Goss on our site “W.A Bush Poets and Yarn Spinners.”

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Nah much better to come over here and have a real do hey Dave !

The regulars still talk about that night.

Be Good and have fun mate.

Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Henry Snicklesnorter

Post by Henry Snicklesnorter » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:01 pm

G'day Bob, - If I do get to CQ, be assured I will look you up and we can sample some of Bundaberg's finest.