Hello from Tony (MrRass)

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
mrrass

Hello from Tony (MrRass)

Post by mrrass » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi everyone

I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself. I'm a Primary School teacher from Kilcoy in Queensland.

I became interested in poetry a few years back when Graham Fredricksen came to the school to give lessons to the students. I've never really written anything until this year when our school had a poetry competition, "The Graham Fredricksen Memorial Poetry Competition".

I wrote a poem for my class to enter which ended up winning and since then I've been dabbling in a bit of poetry when I get a chance.

I've joined the forum because of the wealth of knowledge here and look forward to getting some tips from you all.

Regards

Tony Rasmussen

manfredvijars

Re: Hello from Tony (MrRass)

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Goodonya Tony, I'm glad you finally made it ... and WELCOME ... :D

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Welcome to the forum Tony. It's good to see a teacher on the forum. We'd love to see some of your poetry and hope you learn lots here!

Heather :)

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Good to have you on board Tony - now if you are good at spelling and punctuation Mate there are some here who will keep you busy with corrections and we have a naughty corner for those who offend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look forward to seeing some of your work on site - we promise to be gentle with you ;)

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Don't believe a word they say Tony, just cause some of this crew use big words to try and confuse us they think we are not on to their tricks.

Wack a poem or two up mate and the good thing is you can either use the suggestions or file them in the big bin under your desk.

Don't get to stressed out about puntuation or things Marty has a bit if trouble there ( I will let you work out which Marty ).

I control the naughty corner but only cause I spend so much time in there sand that's only because A purple someone is bit thin skinned.

Cheers Mate.

Robert Alan Micheal Pacey.
Last edited by Bob Pacey on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

warooa

Post by warooa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:38 am

Welcome Tony,

Don't worry about Pacey's undecipherable rant, it's the drink. :D

Enjoy the forum, I'm sure you will - there's a great diversity of folk here all with a love of bush poetry.

Cheers, Marty

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:10 am

G'day Tony,

Welcome to the site. We are a friendly bunch. We love to read each others writing and I know I am not the only one who is keen to see something you have written. Most of us prefer the rhyme and metre style (Bush Poetry) of poems. However, we have been known to wander to the dark side (non-rhyming, free or other forms). You will find many opportunities to expand your skills and if you need any help, just ask, and you will be flooded with advice.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:31 am

zondrae wrote:G'day Tony,

Welcome to the site. We are a friendly bunch. We love to read each others writing and I know I am not the only one who is keen to see something you have written. Most of us prefer the rhyme and metre style (Bush Poetry) of poems. However, we have been known to wander to the dark side (non-rhyming, free or other forms). You will find many opportunities to expand your skills and if you need any help, just ask, and you will be flooded with advice.
Zondrae wash you mouth out with sunlight soap and water, Dark Side non- rhyming, free, those are swear words.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Pacey on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:11 am

Welcome to the site Tony. If you enjoy the ride only half as much as I have you are in for a treat. You will find a diverse range of poetry on this sight, everyone has their own style and I can't wait to sample some of your work. Join in with the banter, it's all about fun and if you need to know something there are plenty of poetry savvy people here to help. Look forward to your company.

Cheers
Sue
Last edited by mummsie on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Rimeriter

Post by Rimeriter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Tony, mate.

So much has been said
and it's worth the listenin'.

Most of mine needs a polish
because it's far from glistenin'.

Share some of your rhyme
as all of us do
we all 'ave a good time.

So for now toodle - oo.