grug06 aka (Troy)

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
grug06

grug06 aka (Troy)

Post by grug06 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 pm

To the Wills, Martys, Daves, Cliffords (and all other rag tag poets) involved with ABPA . . . Lets see if I can paint you a picture. Your spot on about about it not being my first poem, but it is the first poem I've shared. I am a 26 year old registered Nurse. I grew up in the Beautiful town of Macksville on the mid-north coast and currently reside in Manly Sydney. I Iove my job and love hearing yarns from friends, family and those that I care for at work. Life experience is priceless and I am blessed to meet interesting and entertaining people every day. In a society dominated by technology and new advancements my generation often fails to learn from and take on board lessons from those that have already lived. Hence why I am partly here to learn, converse and develop my bush poetry from others that enjoy the same. I've always struggled with english (as you may find if you read my poems and messages) but I enjoying getting stuck in and having a go. I'm a huge Henry Lawson fan, I think I wrote my first poem when I was 12 and since than have been hot and cold until recently. In response to Will, I am a lover of all ball sports but I am not a fence sitter. I favour NRL (The Sharks), I'm NSW through and through in the origin. In the AFL I support Carlton (but don't hold that against me).
I write on paper, computer, phone and napkin. Sometimes if an idea pops into my head and I just have to get it down on what every is around. I love writing, rhyming and reading but my first love is playing my guitar and song writing. I see myself as adventurous and I love the beach, the bush and travelling but I am very bias towards the fact that we live in the best county in the world! Would love to get to know all of you a little better and look forward to sharing and reading more. Any questions detailed, personal or broad, feel free to ask.

Troy

Australia! Australia! most beautiful name,
Most kindly and bountiful land;
I would die every death that might save her from shame,
If a black cloud should rise on the strand - Henry Lawson

Zondrae

Re: grug06 aka (Troy)

Post by Zondrae » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 am

Thanks Troy,

Great intro. Answered most of the questions we would ask. Have you attended any Poets Breakfasts, either at festivals or other poetry events? Have you seen any of the current mob of performing Bush Poets in action?
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:14 am

Oh I think you will fit here like a hand in a glove Troy - you just ticked all the boxes plus a few extra :lol:

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:40 am

Welcome aboard Troy....
Maureen's quite right. Let's see...

Loves bush poetry = tick
Loves the bush = tick
Loves the beach = tick
Loves Australia = big tick
NRL supporter = extra big tick
Follows AFL = well, nobody's perfect. 8-)

You say that you struggle with English, but I'd say you are holding your own pretty well from your intro. That only leaves one grey area (crucial to some)...horse/dog/cat person, or all of the above?? :roll:

We would all encourage you to consider joining the ABPA organisation....worth the subscription for the magazine alone.

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Welcome aboard Troy. All you need is a good sense of humour and you will fit in just fine. Don't let your concerns about your English stop you (it looks fine to me) - there are plenty of people here to give advice if you ask for it (& sometimes if you don't).

Heather :)

Jasper Brush

Post by Jasper Brush » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:42 pm

G'day Troy.

Henry Lawson.

The first articulate voice of the real Australia.

I think Lawson in 1884 was the youngest poet to have his poems published in the Bulliten.

John.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:11 pm

I only have one thing to say . " Queenslander "

Sharpen up your pen around State Of Origin time.

Welcome to the site
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!