Introducing DollyDot

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
DollyDot

Re: Introducing DollyDot

Post by DollyDot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 am

It's okay Heather as long as you don't tell everyone. We have lots of Mexicans here now!!!
Cheers

DollyDot

Post by DollyDot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 am

Hi Marty
I thought I recognised you by something you said in one of your posts. I was the quiet one in our group! Ha!
Dot

Rimeriter

Post by Rimeriter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:46 pm

"Onya" Dot

post us a lot.
jim.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Welcome Dolly Dot.

Glad to have you on the site. New members are always welcome and it is like a blood transfusion for us when we have someone new posting poems.

I have been awol for a few weeks and it has taken me almost a week to catch up on all the chatter. Once upon a time I had the most posts, now I also play Ukulele and Heather and Maureen have taken on the task of 'watchman' and answering posts, so I am not so vocal. Please feel free to post anything and if you want advice just ask. We are fairly gentle with novices as we all are not much past being novices ourselves. Oh! you will have to exclude David Campbell, Glenny Palmer and Kym Eitel, (and a couple more who you will soon get to know) from the novice pool. They are a step above the rest of us. As for performers, I think I am right in saying 99% of us still have a fit of the shakes when we are about to 'go on'. In any case you will run into some of us at most festivals and there are lots of competitions, both written and performance for you to look at. Please have a go.... We all started from the spot where you are now .

If you are too shy to post and woud like an opinion, I'm sure a 'pm' to any of the regular members would be responded to with suggestions and hints, to the best of our knowledge. Just click on the pm box at the bottom left of the persons post and you can have private contact.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

DollyDot

Post by DollyDot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks Zondrae. I wondered what PM meant and how you did it. Makes me feel more like having a go. I am going to have a go at Maureen's homework topic first as I have two started and half finished from previous topics but never went any further.
Thanks again to everyone for making me feel welcome.

Dolly

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:55 pm

You little pearler Dolly - good on you for having a go at the homework - It's all just a bit of fun and it is lovely to have you on site.

Love Maggie know it reasonably well a I lived in Kirwan for a good few years, worked at a place opposite the Ferry Terminal back than and as we had our own boat Maggie was always a favourite destination.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

DollyDot

Post by DollyDot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks Maureen! Just been there! I do a day a week teaching or working with teachers at Palm Island - ferry, car and plane and then back! Good though! Keeps me out of mischief

Thanks to you Jim!

Martyboy there a few of those Mexicans hiding as real North Queenslanders until it comes to state of origin time! Not that I should mention footy after the shocker the Cowboys had!

Cheers to all!

Dolly

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:04 pm

G'day Dot. Great to see you enjoying your poetry.

Merv
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.