Introducing DollyDot

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
DollyDot

Introducing DollyDot

Post by DollyDot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi All

I would just like to introduce myself, finally! I have been following the threads online for some time. Born in Townsville and the second youngest of a large family my Mum would often recite poetry at family events and in latter years she wrote some lovely verse; hence my love of all poetry.

After work, marriage, family and study second time around, a childhood friend, Kathie Priestley, current Queensland Champion, introduced me to reciting and writing Bush Poetry. My elder sister and I then joined the Townsville Bush Poetry group and here I am. I am a real novice but love poetry both the older poems, (I love to recite The Stockman’s Tale or otherwise known as My Brother Ben and I, which my Mum recited) and the newer poems that relate to life today.

Cheers
Dot Church

PS Forgot to say I live on Magnetic Island about 20 minutes by ferry from Townsville, and the best place in the world! :D

Bob Pacey

Re: Introducing DollyDot

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Ya just happened to forget magnetic Island !!!! Now everyone will be coming to visit.

Cheers and look forward to seeing some of your poetry.

Don't be afraid to ask for advice and like every bit that is given it is yours to use or loose as you wish.

Bob P
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Welcome Dot, good to see you take the plunge, and I look forward to seeing some of your work!
All the best,
Robyn
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Welcome Dot. I look forward to reading some of your work. I went to Magnetic Island in the early 1980s and it was beautiful.

Heather :)

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Goodonya Dot an' welcome, Magnetic Island hmm next time in QLD will have ta call in.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

DollyDot

Post by DollyDot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I'd be pleased if you looked me up here at Maggie. Have a spare room! It is a bit hot now though but wait 'til winter comes. Thanks again!
Dot

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Dot, you have NO idea what you have just done!! :lol:

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Welcome Dot. I have fond memories of Maggie. :D

warooa

Post by warooa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:29 am

G'day Dot and welcome . . . I think I remember you from Ravenswood when the Qld titles were on there a couple of years ago (when Kathie won). Great to see some more Nth Qlder representation on the forum.

Cheers, Marty (from Cooktown . . . theres also a snap-frozen carriage driving public servant from the Upper Lachlan who goes by the same moniker.)

DollyDot

Post by DollyDot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 am

It's okay Heather as long as you don't tell everyone. We have lots of Mexicans here now!!!
Cheers