Oi! oi! oi!

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
David J Delaney

Oi! oi! oi!

Post by David J Delaney » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:36 am

I am a former Brisbane boy but now currently live and work in Cairns with my very patient, and darling wife, I sometimes wonder where I get the time to write but always seem to manage to pen something, also I am a member Tropical writers group Cairns, Australian Bush Poets Association and book Creators Circle among other literary sites on the web.

Having had limited education including no formal education in writing and now into my 50's, I wanted to show that someone like myself without higher schooling could write and enjoy it. For me, school, Rocklea State School, (when I was there) was a place to 'hang out' with my mates and I actually only completed 3 months of high school (Salisbury) before leaving at the age of 15.

After numerous jobs throughout my youth I eventually moved into Furniture Removals where I stayed for approximately 25 years. For 17 of these, my wife and I operated our own removal business, and was able to travel extensively throughout N.S.W and Queensland.

Since leaving the removal industry several years ago and having some 'thinking' time, my experiences, memories of driving the highways and tracks, the vast and beautiful outback, my wife, daughters, grand children and family, stories from mates, work colleagues and close war veterans have given me the inspiration for my writings.

Visit my blog http://readeasypoetry.wordpress.com/

Dave.
Last edited by David J Delaney on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zondrae

Re: Oi! oi! oi!

Post by Zondrae » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:34 am

G'day Dave,

If I had known this before we could have had a three way meet up with Ronnie. She is the winner of this years Bronze Swagman and a very gracious lady. I think Wayne is planning another visit north (very far north) next winter. We will have to keep this in mind and see of our paths can cross for a meet and chat.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks for the comment Zondrae, sounds like a plan eh!

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Have now included my blog page. :D