Hi

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Nerelie Teese

Hi

Post by Nerelie Teese » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm Nerelie and I fondly remember the day our Grade 6 teacher introduced my class to Banjo's Clancy of The Overflow. Since then I've enjoyed all aspects of 'our' great Australian Bush Poetry - reading, writing and performing it.

Last year I had the incredible experience of presenting Australian Bush Poetry on two trains as we crossed the snow covered Canadian countryside. Locally, I have lots of fun presenting Bush Poetry sessions in schools and retirement villages.

Cheers, Nerelie

Zondrae

Re: Hi

Post by Zondrae » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Welcome Nerelie,

It is always exciting when we have a new member join in. We are a very mixed bunch of poets. Most of us write and perform. We would like to get to know you and read some of your poetry. If you don't write we may be able to encourage you to start.

There are a few of my poems already posted, if you go back through past members poetry pages, you'll find them. That is of course if you are interested.

The rest of the mad mob will be on to introduce themselves. There are only two rules to the site. the first is: No offensive material or language. Anything that a teacher would put up in a classroom is fine. The second is: You must have fun. Or at least enjoy the chit chat and poetic writing you will encounter. If you join in the forum you have the same rights as everyone else. If you have any concerns or problems connected with the site it is advisable to send pm (private message to a member) There are three site moderators: myself, John Peel, and Heather Knight. I'm the oldie, John the youngster and Heather the wise one in the middle. So if you are concerned about anything please pm one of us.

Again, Welcome and enjoy.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Nerelie,

Your Canadian experience sounds like it would have been amazing. How was the bush poetry received in Canada?

Which part of Australia do you hail from?

I look forward to reading your poetry and seeing you join in the discussions on the forum. Have fun!

Heather :)

warooa

Post by warooa » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Welcome Nerelie . . jump in :P

Cheers Marty (there's another Marty but he's immature)

keats

Post by keats » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:45 pm

He is, but welcome to the site and looking forward to reading your poetry. I am the sensible and serious poet here if you need any responsible answers.

Have a great time.

keats

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:28 pm

And he has an obsession with wiper blades. Goodness knows what he does with them - never leave him alone with your car! We suspect he drinks ;) because he can never remember his real name! :lol:

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Such a serious poet of poems such as

The Gay Farmhand ??????

Lol Robert A Pacey
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 pm

And all without ONE full stop! :shock:

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:38 am

Slap on the wrist Marty (boy),

You missed Dr. Stephen, who is our potential Dr Suiss. His writing is successful in several arenas the most interesting being writing for children. He also is a CJ Dennis fan.

Marty, why I have been a little quiet is, I am flat out at the moment. I have several poems in the almost finished stage (or in a state that I can say they only need polish) and with Ukulele practice and many family commitments, I barely have time to pop in for a read. I have 3 appointments for Wednesday and am playing Uke with a group at a pre school tomorrow. I am also involved in another music history project (Steel City Sound) in Wollongong. Busy, busy - so unless a topic grabs me, I read and move on.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Gee Nerelie are you still there - I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you had you tail between your legs and were running for the hills.

I according to Marty am the nice one :lol: he seemed to think my alter ego was a bit testy :o which I would dispute but I wont as you just can't please some men and I choose to please myself.

Happy to have you on board with this bunch of 'interesting folk' - you will never be bored a minute of your life now - they are a bunch of stirrers, but really some of the nicest people you would wish to find. :lol: :lol: :lol: Most of the time :roll:

Look forward to seeing some of your stuff and hope you enjoy our stuff and don't be to worried about stuffing anything up because you can't - just dive in

Cheers

Maureen K....the nice one who truly believes that colour co ordination is just sooo important. That all dogs go to Heaven and that men come in very handy for changing light bulbs and chasing mice. Don't worry too much about the other Maureen she appears to be been flushed downstream with the floods. :lol: :lol: But me and TruBlu AKA Leonie are doing our bit and waving the Ipswich flag. We may have been flooded but our spirits have never flagged. So here's looking at you kid.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.