Re: Hi

Post by william williams » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:29 pm

yeh she's a bit water logged to much water in her wisky me tinks
an trublu well she dont use water reckons it fills her bladder to much

BW

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 am

And for God's sake Nerelie......don't mention apostophes...apostraphees ....apposttrffiees..aaahhhh, you know what I mean.

Welcome

Mal the Oldfart
Preserve the Culture!

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:41 am

.. (I hope we haven't frightened her off!)
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Nerelie Teese

Post by Nerelie Teese » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi again everyone and thanks for all the welcomes and associated banter. Not scared off and not running for the hills - that'd be too much like hard work.

I can't remember who asked what so I'll just whack a bit more stuff here and see what you do with it, to it or about it.

I spend my weekdays in the big smoke and Friday afternoons I do my bat out of hell impression, charge over the Bolte, weave around Tullamarine, head onto the Hume, turn left and cross Pretty Sally, dodge the roos in the Heathcote hills and make my way back to The Murray, its red gums and deep blue sky. Sunday arvo I do the trip in reverse and in slow motion.

The Canadian trip was fantastic. The Canadians enjoyed our Aussie Bush Poetry, or else they're a very polite and friendly race. Most of the ones we met had some kind of link with Australia and they're aware of some of our cultural and artistic exports - The Dish, Picnic at Hanging Rock, The Man ... of course, and Croc Dundee. They make a good beer and know how to cook and serve their seafood. Well, any sort of food really. S'pose I could have scattered a few adjectives in here just for the fun of it.

Apostrophes aren't my forte, but I enjoy the occasional hy-phen-ation. Free verse frustrates me because I want to punctuate it.

Cheers Nerelie

warooa

Post by warooa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:42 am

G'day again Nerelie . . Echuca's great - I loved it as a kid, though most Ballarat kids loved anywhere that wasn't Ballarat . . . remember All The Rivers Run?

On the subject of bush poetry and trains . . one of the Far Norths best poets Geoff Mann (The Randy Rooster . . The Miser from The Isa) has scored a gig performing his poems on the Ghan and The Indian Pacific later this year.

Cheers, Marty

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Welcome Nerelie I’m Dave the shy good looking young one, who some times writes very bad poetry. :P

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 am

He's also very modest. :o

Frank Daniel

Post by Frank Daniel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Stephen Whiteside, know him well. Met him at the National a couple of times.
When I saw my first photograph of him I christened him the 'Stror 'at Coot' because of 'is connection with 'Den' and the 'at that 'e wore.

Joe