Another New Member: Keith H

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Keith H

Another New Member: Keith H

Post by Keith H » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Well, G'day everyone.
My name is Keith Haycraft,
I am married (to the most beautiful woman I know) & we have a daughter, the two being my Goddesses. Both receive love poems occasionally.
I am a Maintenance Builder by Trade though Arthritis put paid to me working on the tools any more so I now work (part time) for a large Hardware chain where I am able to put my knowledge to use by helping "Weekend Warriors" with their projects & repairs. As a second job, I do home deliveries for one of the major Grocery chains.
Like many others these days I have had several other occupations, including Van Salesman for Peters Ice Cream, road working, labouring, vege picking, worked as a Bank Officer for a while, Furniture transporter & Removalist.
I have been a volunteer with the SES for over 15 years, helped out with Scouting when our daughter was one, among other activities.
4 Wheel Driving, Metal Detecting, Camping, Touring & writing are my major passions at present
I have been writing for too many years to count but it wasn't until I did a course under the tutelage of the late Bluey Miller that I started to write anything decent.
Most of my efforts are about what happens around me, some philosophising & (I believe) some is channelled through me. In the past, people have warned each other to be careful what they say in front of me because it might come back in rhyme, which is lots of fun.
I also become inspired to write about the people with whom I work because some of them are very interesting, are characters in their own right & many have interesting stories.
Over the years, some of my poems have been published in a small way, including one in Australian Four Wheel Driving Action & some in newsletters.
Well, I think I have rabbited along for long enough now, so thanks for the welcomes I have already received & I look forward to reading more of the contributions you all make to this Forum.

Bob Pacey

Re: Another New Member: Keith H

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:45 pm

My wife and I were really happy for thirty years Keith then we met each other and got bloody married. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome mate enjoy the forum. Ps are you a member of ABPA ?

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:39 pm

Welcome aboard Keith. Enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Keith H

Post by Keith H » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:38 am

Thank you both for the welcome.
No Bob, not as yet.
My bride & I have been married for over 32 years, getting better all the time.

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Welcome to the forum, Keith - I look forward to reading some of your poetry.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Welcome Keith - you can just jump on in whenever you are ready - look forward to sharing with you . Don't go getting coy on us :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:50 am

G'day Keith.

Great to see you enjoying life and welcome to the Forum.

Merv.
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.