Derek 'Doc' Bland

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
derekbland

Derek 'Doc' Bland

Post by derekbland » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:32 pm

G'day
Although I've written what I used to call 'bush poetry' for some time, I joined the North Pine Bush Poets group a year ago and now I understand what the term really means and how to structure my writing far better - and who knew poetry could be so fiercely competitive!
I'm really enjoying the company, the fun, and the great advice of the creative crowd at North Pine and the monthly Poets on the Park at Shorncliffe, and I'm looking forward to meeting more poets in Orange next month at the Banjo Paterson festival - I'll be the tall one (unless Long John Best is there!).
Cheers
Doc

Shelley Hansen

Re: Derek 'Doc' Bland

Post by Shelley Hansen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Greetings Doc -

A warm welcome to our forum, where as you've already seen, we post poetry, photos, notices of upcoming events, results of competitions, and engage in hearty but friendly discussion and debate on all manner of bush poetry topics. Not to be forgotten is the writing workshop, where our colleague Maureen Clifford regularly sets prompts which we are invited to turn into poetry.

Looking forward to reading some of your verse and hopefully catching up somewhere around the traps. You are in good company there in North Pine, surrounded by poets old and new, all with their heartbeats set to iambic pentameter! :lol: ;)

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

David Campbell

Re: Derek 'Doc' Bland

Post by David Campbell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 am

Welcome, Doc, I can only echo what Shelley has said.

Cheers
David