MUMMSIE

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Heather

Re: New member on board

Post by Heather » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:17 am

Sue below is the definition of bush poetry on the Home Page of the ABPA web site.
By definition, Australian Bush Poetry is metred and rhymed poetry about Australia, Australians and/or the Australian way of life.
We have discussed here, at times the problem of putting poems into competitions if they have been on the forum and whether or not this constitutes "publishing". I think, from memory the answer was to ask the competition organisers. However, I think most of us do not put onto the forum any poem that we might enter into a competition. Regardless of whether it is considered published or not, there is always a chance that a judge might see it. Keep it under wraps if you are going to enter a poem into a comp.

Heather :)

Bellobazza

Re: New member on board

Post by Bellobazza » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:35 pm

G'day Sue, and welcome.
I seem to recall that some people referred to chrysanthemums as 'Mummsies'. (I reckon because it's a lot easier to say and spell.) Are you a 'flower-child' perhaps?

On the subject of poems appearing here being considered as "published", I will post my say on a separate thread in General Poetry Discussion. Look for it under "Published".

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD