ABC Far North Bush Poetry Competition 2012

Event Organisers can post Results here, with a reminder to also forward any results to the Admin for posting on the Main ABPA page.
warooa

Re: ABC Far North Bush Poetry Competition 2012

Post by warooa » Mon May 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Just fire'em in Terry, if you send in multiple entries they'll more than likely get spread out over a number of weeks as the comp goes for 9 or 10 weeks - any nitty gritty quieries ask Fiona and she will set you straight.

Cheers, Marty

ps. and good to see you back, mate.

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Great to see a number of entries from ABPA members coming in. Great stuff!

The winning poem in week one was The One That Got Away by Warren Cox. Equal second was Marty Boyce with Judged.

Cheers, Marty

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 pm

G'day Mate, got my act together finally & have started sending some in eh!....good to hear Meg is back & say G'day to Mr Jones for me mate.... :D

warooa

Post by warooa » Fri May 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Martyboy wrote: Oh well next bribe will be something other than Greek Government Bonds ;) :)
:? I wondered "who's this bloody weirdo sending me Greek Govt Undies in the mail :lol:

Will do, David J . . . and good luck mate

Marty

warooa

Post by warooa » Wed May 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Week two . . . and ABPA members featured highly in the upper echelon of proceedings. Poems by Maureen Clifford (Secrets of a Working Dog), Marty Boyce (Our Sponsor Child) and David J Delaney (On the Wallaby With You) were in the top bracket and all were read out over air this morning.

But the winner of week two was Frog Discrimination by Leonie Parker . . . :lol: onya Leonie. She goes into the final.

Keep'em coming

Cheers, Marty

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu May 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Week three and read out on air were Where Are You Dear by Neville Briggs, The Letter by Maureen Clifford and Bob Pacey got a run the previous morning with his Origin Poem.

The Mare by Marty Boyce was read out by fellow judge Meg Trimble who was down in Brisbane at a CWA meeting and she said she read it out to some fellow CWA folk whilst practising it and they were all in tears. Onya Marty . . . it's a good'un.

The winner of week 3 was Warren Cox with A Bucket Full.

Cheers, Marty

ps. Lots of poems from ABPA folk coming through . . . good on ya's. :)

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 am

Weeks 4 and 5 completed (halfway done) and great to hear poems from Bob Pacey, Glenny Palmer, Manfred Vijars, Heather Knight, David Delaney, Maureen Clifford, Marty Boyce, Dave Smith, Sue Pearce, Neville Briggs, Zondrae King and Terry Piggot making the top place getters and getting read out on air.

A lot of these poems are recorded and replayed on air sporadically throughout the 10 week competition so lots of airplay for the bush po'ers from ABC Far North.

The winner of week 4 was Bev Wilson's A Bushman's Paradise and the winner for week 5 was Jim Egan's Where The Ole Endeavour Flows.

Good stuff, keep em coming.

Cheers, Marty

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback Marty. In our area we can't get the far north ABC broadcast and they don't have the net live streaming set up. So you are our source of info on how it is going.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks for the on going commentary Marty,

I also made it on air on NSW ABC last Sunday and after a very brief interview to publicise the Snowy festival I got to read 'Uncle Clyde' live to air. Only my family have said they heard it but who knows.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Peter Mace

Post by Peter Mace » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Zondrae,

Am putting together a report on the long weekend, just realised I don't have your email address, could you send it through. Thanks