THE VALMA JUNE

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Neville Briggs

Re: THE VALMA JUNE

Post by Neville Briggs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 pm

That's a good one Terry, Isn't it amazing how some of these
" homework" poems that we might think we are doing just as a chore turn out some of the best.

Neville
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Thanks Neville,
You're right, I sometimes think it's because we write them in a relaxed manner, no thinking of them other than a bit of fun and this often brings out the best in us.

Cheers Terry

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks Terry,

I wonder if sending one person a pm with a poem in it would be considered 'publishing'. I very much doubt it by the very definition of pm = private message.
I am pleased you enjoy our topics. Sometimes the worst sounding topic can produce the best poems. Last week we had "A Flag of our Own". I was convinced we would all write on our national flag and that we would split into two camps and wage a poets war. ... But NO! 10 of us wrote along the lines of .. we love it, you leave it alone. One wrote about giving six or seven children a scrap of fabric to make their own and then sewing them together to make a 'mess' and I wrote about making a red and gold pennant to hoist above our camp at festivals.
The winning poem was a beautifully put together explanation of all the components of our National flag and why we should honour, not change it.
This week a horror of a topic 'I Wish I had'. I have started twice but haven't been able to finish.. Mind you I have been distracted. I keep having new ideas pop into my head.. in fact I have just had another one.. which is very intriguing. So I guess number three is on the way. The funny thing is I can't go to poetry this week. Doctors orders.. no driving for at least two weeks. I'll try to get a lift with someone next week. (surgery last Friday home this morning)
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi Zondrae,
I hope all is well with you and that you will be back at 100% before long.
I'm the same regarding having a few poems on the go, I get an idea and I can't help myself, I have to start making notes while I still remember it.
No I'm sure a PM couldn't be considered as publishing, and if it was it's time the rule was changed.
Mind you I will be careful just what I do post here from now on, just in case.
I saw the flag topic posted and was tempted to have a go at it but ran out of time.
I have my annual colonoscopy on Thursday, it's the preparation I hate, I have to take
it easy for a few days after because I often tend to bleed. Good excuse to do a bit
of writing once I get my head clear again.

Terry

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:22 am

oooww,

These doctors! Oh well. I guess all this poking and prodding is why we are living longer. My Mum died at the age I am now, so from here on is a bonus for me I suppose. I am feeling a bit stiff but ok. A little tender but running repairs are necessary. Hope all is well with you too.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 pm

G'day Terry,
Enjoyed the poem. A bit of a change from your usual fare though, eh?
But listen mate, if it's your head needs clearing after a colonoscopy, I reckon you need to change your proctologist !! :o :o ("Say aah).

Cheers, Will.
P.S. Hope you're well on the mend Zondrae.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

Terry

Post by Terry » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks Will,
Yes it's a bit different but I do wander away from my usual theme from time to time, I hope to do a bit more of that in the near future. I have a couple of bush poems to try and finish first that are taking a fair bit of time, I think we tend to start trying a bit too hard sometimes and I'm not so sure that's a good idea, if you're not careful you lose part of the pleasure you get from writing.

G/day Zondrae
Yes all's well thanks,

Cheers Terry

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:18 pm

...ahh Will, that made me laugh!.....I've got a mate that has had the old tube up the shooter, I have been lucky to avoid it but I did have had one down my throat a few years back,....I did mention to my mate that I hope they use a different tube!
Ross

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Ugh!!....shades of "Holus Bolus", the poem by 'Dryblower' :shock:

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD