Say It with a Smile

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Peely

Say It with a Smile

Post by Peely » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:58 pm

SAY IT WITH A SMILE
© John Peel 2/2/10

I told her that I killed her cat,
but she was in denial.
I mentioned that I’d squashed him flat,
the scene was pretty vile.
I thought that she’d be angry and would put me to a trial –
it must be ’cause I said it with a smile.

Written as a homework piece for the Illawarra Breakfast Poets' weekly topic of the same name.
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Say It with a Smile

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Came across this one of Johns and thought it would make a good collaborative one if John felt so inclined....the story seems unfinished...I reckon there was more to it than he is letting on :lol: :lol: . Over to you Peely

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:38 pm

G'day John,

These Illawarra Breakfast Poets are becoming a force to be contended with.

They will be performing at the Wollongong City Art Gallery this coming Wednesday at 12.30 in a free lunchtime concert to publicise the Illawarra Folk Festival - which will be on at Bulli in January 2012 - where, it goes without saying, they will be appearing in the Poets breakfasts.

They will also be sponsoring and conducting a written poetry competition in July 2012. (in close conjunction with the South Coast Country Music Assn.) More about this in the ABPA magazine after Christmas.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:37 am

G/day John.
that will teach those little sods for killing our native fauna.

Terry

Peely

Post by Peely » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:09 pm

G'day Maureen

From what I remember, this was just one of those little pieces that was put together quickly to fill the topic for the week on the bushverse site. I hadn't really thought about adding to it myself. I will put a copy up in the collaborations section, as requested - it will be interesting to see what sorts of twists and turns that the poem might take if it is extended.

G'day Zondrae

I hope that IBP's performances on Wednesday all go well and wish them all the best with their written competition next year. I will have to try to put an entry in.

G'day Terry

I don't mind cats myself. It is a shame that there are so many people that can't manage their pets properly (I am not just talking cats here either) and let them have free reign over the countryside killing the wildlife or farm animals (wild dogs in particular in this instance). If people are going to have pets they have to be prepared to manage them correctly.

Regards

John Peel
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek