Blue Dog

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
Heather

Re: Blue Dog

Post by Heather » Sat May 12, 2012 11:40 am

It's a tough time Irene; been there and my thoughts are with you. A time will come when you are ready for a new dog in your life but you need to grieve in your own time first. I can't imagine life without a dog.

Heather :)

william williams

Post by william williams » Sat May 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Be it a dog a cat or a horse it's your mate and the hardest thing in life is to say for ever goodbye

bill Williams

Irene

Post by Irene » Sat May 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Thank you everyone for your thoughts - it means a lot!
I know anyone who loves animals - like Bill says... cats, dogs, horses, etc - have to go through it, but it is never easy.

Irene
What goes around, comes around.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue May 22, 2012 7:49 am

G'day Irene,

I've been off the air and almost missed this one. I am so glad I didn't. I'll pat the eyes dry then begin.

Firstly, I think all of us have had a special pet we loved a little more than the others. Mine was also a 'Blue' dog. This is a bit strange as I am more of a cat person. Our Blue was the legendary pet who could run rings around every other dog we have had so I understand where you have found the inspiration.

Secondly, you have mastered the Metre and Rhyme. Some of us are still posting poems that are quite a bit 'out', specially in the 'metre' area, but, - on first reading, I cannot find fault with this. I think it is important, for the reputation of the Association and the site, that we strive to craft our poems (in particular those we post in the 'Members' section) to be as perfect in both Rhyme and Metre, as we can get them, before we put them out there.
I hesitate to post most of my quickly written 'homework' poems as, quite often, they fail scrutiny.

Well done for the poem and I'm sorry to hear you have lost your 'mate'.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue May 22, 2012 1:31 pm

If you are gonig to wait for every poem to be perfect Zondrae then you will see less postings then there is now.

Why should not members post in the members section ?? We are not all award winners just as we are not all the same in the performance arena.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Irene

Post by Irene » Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Thank you Zondrae for your thoughts. Yep, some animals are just special, aren't they?

And Bob - I don't think Zondrae was saying that we need to be perfect - just to ensure we 'finish' our poems before posting them.
Yes, we are all different in writing and in performance -and everyone accepts that.
However, I remember when I first started posting poetry on the bushverse site, I would write and post - without 'polishing' it.
Under Glenny and Crocs expert advice, I learnt to take a second look at my poems, and check that I had finished it to the best of my ability - with the words 'best of my ability' being the operative words! I didn't need to have it perfect, I just needed to know I had done my best - and I would guess that that is what Zondrae is talking about - encouraging us all to do our best.
After all, our work is read throughout the world, and it is good if we aim to be great ambassadors for our craft.
I don't think that will cause us to have less posts at all - it may well encourage others to join us.

Catchya
Irene
What goes around, comes around.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Bob and Irene,

Yes Irene, that was my intention. To make the point that we should all be aware that we represet the Bush poets Assn and we should try to post our poems at their best. When I look back at some of my own poems I notice some that are still rough. In the future, I will only be posting poems, in members section, that I think are soundly founded on our ideals.

If I want to post something a bit flippent or rushed, I will post it in the users section. I still struggle with metre and I often spend a lot of time editing over and over, until I think I have it correct, only to read it again the next day and find a blip (or more). I'll keep at it. Some folk are lucky in that it comes naturally. But I'm not one of them. The rhyme bit is not so bad but that elusive perfect metre.. ..I don't think I'll ever get it right.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 pm

You're doing well Zondrae ;) :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm

I've been off the air Irene and nearly missed your beautiful poem. It's sad and beautiful how animals burrow into your heart, leaving such an empty stillness when they've gone. You've captured the feeling exactly.
Thinking of you,
Robyn
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.