Creation of the Fragile Australian

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
warooa

Re: Creation of the Fragile Australian

Post by warooa » Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 am

Good stuff Dennis ;)

One of the funniest things I've heard was at a WPHS meeting once where a number of old bushies where forced to attend. Some beauracratic muppet was droning on in a patronising tone about some trivial gumph when this grizzled old cow cocky stood up and said "Look . . . If we were all as incompetent as you'd have us believe, we'd all just be torsos draggin' ourselves around by our teeth by now." :lol:

Marty

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun May 13, 2012 9:44 am

I suffer great concern that my fingers might get caught in the keyboard :roll: or my false teeth could be in a nasty mood and bite me :shock:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Dennis N O'Brien

Post by Dennis N O'Brien » Sun May 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah Ross mines are dangerous and most of the blokes I knew were conscious of it and
used their common sense.
Marty I had a similar experience when dairy farming when WH&S were starting to interfere
with us. What, with deregulation and drought to contend with it was just about the last straw.
(actually I wrote a poem about it (well with a bit of exageration thrown in :) - will post one day))
Maureen - be afraid - be very afraid :)

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue May 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Dennis,
You'd enjoy our kind of prospecting, the only rule is to try and do the right thing by your mates.
Mind you, mining regulations are a different ball game, Native title, environmental issues, The list goes on and on.

Terry