For Krissi

ABPA Financial members can post their Bush Poetry here ...
All Forum Visitors can view but only Financial ABPA Members can post and reply.
manfredvijars

For Krissi

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Did this for my grandson a few years ago ...

For Krissi
(c) 2005 M. Vijars
Last edited by manfredvijars on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heather

Re: For Krissi

Post by Heather » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:26 pm

That is lovely Manfred. You write such wise words. You must be a very wise (old) granddad and a good mate to your grandson too I suspect.

Heather :)

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:22 am

That's a beauty Manfred, good advice, gently presented (and well written too, as a bonus). I think maybe Krissi is lucky to have you.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Good on ya Manfred. You have found the meaning of life..relationships.

Sadly, we live in a world where the cult of youth prevails and the idea that older people may have something called " wisdom " seems to hardly rate anymore.

Very heartfelt Manfred. Who knows we might see you coming out with some striking poetic metaphors to develop your wise sayings. ;)

Neville
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Jasper Brush

Post by Jasper Brush » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:21 pm

G'day, Manfred.

Most of the youngsters need a big hand to grip and guide them in the right direction..

Thanks, mate.

John

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks for your kind comments Folks ... Krissi has been coming to various festivals with me for eight years now (he's 15 in 2011). After I did a piece about my Dad (Vun Hundert Procent) a few years ago, Krissi said, "Poppy, when you're dead I'm gunna write a poem about you!". My reply was, "Why don't you write one while I'm still alive so we can BOTH enjoy it". He thought it was a good idea. Unfortunately he hasn't shown me anything yet, but I thought I'd better slip one in for him before I "left the building". ... :)

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:32 pm

G'day Manfred...
Terrific poem. There are a lot of "Krissi"s of all ages who could do a lot worse than to have your poem printed, framed and hung on their walls.

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:27 pm

G/Day Manfred

Great poem and true, you can tell ‘em stuff give advice, pick ‘em up dust off a busted knee but some where later down the track one of them will say “Oh yeah you told me that didn’t you Thanks” that’s when you think ya old heart gunna burst. Goodonya mate.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying