GOSFORD BUSH POETS

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Post by Vic Jefferies » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 pm

GOSFORD BUSH POETS
Tomorrow night (Wednesday 30/4) the Gosford Bush Poets present one of the very finest and funniest performance poets in Australia. The redoubtable and inimitable Greg North will be our very special guest when we meet at 7pm at the Gosford Hotel, Gosford and it will certainly be a wonderful night of very much great poetry and absolute fun!
Gregory has just performed to rave reviews at the National and St Albans Folk Festivals and we are indeed fortunate to be able to convince him to perform for us at the GBPs tomorrow night. If you have had the pleasure of seeing Greg perform you know that we are in for a stellar evening of wonderful presentations and marvelous recitations. If you haven't as yet seen Greg, take my word for it, you are in for a treat!
Put aside whatever you thought you were going to do tomorrow night and be sure to be at the Gosford Hotel Conference Room from 7pm for what will be a bobby dazzler of a night of great fun and friendship!
Everyone will have the opportunity of presenting their own or their favourite poems before Greg takes the stage and we would really love to see you join us for dinner from about 5.30pm in the pub's wonderful bistro, where the tucker is always good and the prices reasonable.
For further information contact me at vicjefferies@optusnet.com.au

Very Best Regards

Vic Jefferies
Last edited by Vic Jefferies on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Pacey

Re: GOSFORD BSUH POETS

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Are Bsuh Poets Japanese ? or just the same as normal poets ? Oh I know Bobby Millers Sam Nagasaki ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great night guys.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Vic Jefferies

Re: GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Post by Vic Jefferies » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:41 am

Thank you Bob. I know you are a bit far afield to make the GBPs tonight, but to anyone who is in striking distance of Gosford we would really love to see (and hear you) at the GBPs tonight. 'Tis always a grand night of good poetry, verse and song and everyone is more than welcome to come along and enjoy the night and to share their poetry with probably the nicest bunch of people on the Central Coast.

keats

Post by keats » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi Vic, I would love to publish a report on the night in the next magazine if that is ok with you, (and perhaps a pic or two?)

Thanks

Neil

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Of course Neil, love to send a report and thanks for thinking of us.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu May 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Neil, did you get my report on the National FF?

G'day Vic I was at Ettalong with the Swingaleles on Sunday. We played at the Italian Festival.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

keats

Post by keats » Fri May 02, 2014 9:44 am

Yes I did Zondrae, despite dramas changing my email provider and pulling out what was left of my hair, it all arrived and is all ready for the next mag.

Thanks again

Neil

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Fri May 02, 2014 12:53 pm

GOSFORD BUSH POETS
An amazing night of fun and fine poetry at the Gosford Bush Poets last night and an evening of entertainment that proved to be every bit as good as I promised it would be. Greg North entertained us all with a superb display of the amazing talent that has made him famous and I am sure the audience of more than forty people agree it was a wonderful evening.

Before Greg took the microphone we heard from Norman Allen; newcomer Ellen Hingsten; Peter Shalless; Jill Nevile; Bob Rider; Fran Bush; Chris Kessey; Peter Mace; Jan Lock; Ian Evans; Kevin Gee; Arch Bishop; Ken Tough; Neil Jones and Mary Jane.

Wonderful to be able to announce that our very own Ken Tough is the new Victorian State Bush Poetry Champion and also the winner of the esteemed Clancy Award at the recent Man From Snowy River Festival! Well done Ken.

We will meet again at 7pm on the last Wednesday of this month (28 May) at the Gosford Hotel and we hope to see you all there.

Very Best Regards

Vic Jefferies

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Fri May 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Good On You Zondrae. Pity I missed the festival and missed seeing you. Hope you enjoyed Ettalong.